Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Daytona Just Around the Corner

Daytona Just Around the Corner!



Racing season is just around the corner...Cars will be on the track again Saturday February 14th for the Sprint Unlimited which is a non points race. This is the official start of Speed Weeks and two weeks of on track action that starts off the 2015 NASCAR season.

For us race fans it has been a long off season since the last race in mid November and February couldn't get here fast enough. I am hoping that this will be the year that my guy finally takes home his first championship!

One of my favorite moments of Daytona is pictured below. This is when my guy Kyle Busch saved his car not once, but twice, and won the Sprint Unlimited. And yes, I did say he saved it and won!



Daytona is one of the oldest tracks on the circuit and holds tons of history. They actually started out racing on the beach. (pictured below)



2 comments:

  1. Great blog! It sounds like you really love watching NASCAR races.My dad occasionally watches NASCAR, but I don't think he has a favorite racer. I did hear the news that Jeff Gordon was retiring this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete